The Louisiana Architectural Foundation is a non-profit corporation formed by AIA Louisiana in 1996 to fulfill the following vision, mission, and goals:
The vision of the Louisiana Architectural Foundation is a society that participates in shaping its environment through an understanding of the power of architecture to elevate and enrich the human spirit.
The Louisiana Architectural Foundation works to advance Architecture in Louisiana by serving as a link between the public and the architectural profession. This linkage includes public awareness of Architecture, public support for Architecture, and public participation in processes that shape the environment.
- To promote an awareness and an appreciation of the influence of Architecture and the process by which it is achieved.
- To be an independent and self-sufficient organization.
- To inspire and enable research that advances architecture in Louisiana.
- To foster responsible stewardship of our architectural heritage.
- To become part of an information referral network for architectural information.